Your privacy is of the utmost important to us. We, at Meeriad, have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products and services, or protect our rights.
- We treat your personal information with the highest regard to privacy and security.
1. DATA WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Identification data that is provided by Users when creating their User Accounts, including, in particular, their last name, first name, e-mail address and password for the purpose of creating the account and managing Meeriad’s relationship with Users, including in the context of evaluations of the Services by Users.
- Data which is voluntarily and optionally provided by the User on their User Account, such as photograph, for the purpose of personalising the Services and Rewards.
- Data collected via third-party applications or API if the User chooses to connect them to the Platform, such as tracking data for steps and distance with Apple Health or Android Health and Google Fit. Before you can upload health information to Meeriad, you must give your explicit consent to the processing of that health information by Meeriad. You can withdraw your consent to Meeriad processing your health information at any time.
- Meeriad does not collect or process credit or debit card (“Payment Card”) data. Apple and Google collect Payment Card data with respect to in-app purchases made through the Apps, and our payment processor collects Payment Card data with respect to purchases made through the Website (https://pay.meeriad.com/#/). Such payment processors generally provide us with some limited data related to you, such as a unique, anonymous token that enables you to make additional purchases using the data they’ve stored, and your card’s type, expiration date, billing address, and the last four digits of your card number.
- For individuals using the Products in connection with a Universe client account as described in section 6, business data such as your company name, and company email address to the extent that you or your Universe provides such data.
- Data you have entered when creating a challenge or an event.
- Data you have entered when rating a content and leaving any comment about it.
- Device information such as operating system version, device type, and system performance data.
- Data collected via tracking technologies, as fully described in section 4.
- If you complete our surveys (Moodscore and Self assessments), we will collect and store your responses.
Meeriad may aggregate this data in order to prevent identification of the persons concerned for statistical purposes and use it to improve the quality of its Services.
2. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
The security of your personal data is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal data, you can contact us at email@example.com.Except as described under the “Disclosure of Your Data” section below, we do not provide your personal data to any third party without your specific consent, as defined by applicable law.
3. NEWSLETTERS OR OTHER ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
If you sign up to receive promotional materials from us via email and/or push notifications, we will use the data you give us to provide the communications you have requested. If you inform us that you wish to cancel email promotional materials by selecting “unsubscribe” at the bottom of such communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will remove you from our mailing list. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications, you may turn them off at the device level.
4. TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Meeriad and our analytics partners use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts to enable a service to recognize your device so you don't have to provide the same data several times during one task, to recognize that you may have already given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested, and to measure how people are using the Products.
We use local storage, such as HTML5, to store content data and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on the Products also use HTML5 to collect and store data. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
We will acquire consent from you in order to use such trackers to the extent required by applicable law.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record data such as how often you engage with the Products, the events that occur within the Products, aggregated usage and performance data, and where the Applications were downloaded from. We may link the data we store within the analytics software to any personal data you submit within the mobile application.
As true of most websites, we gather certain data and automatically and store it in log files. This data includes challenge data if this feature was activated to keep a record of your challenge.
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All data you provide to us through the Products is stored on our secure servers located in Frankfurt. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology; all payment data is stored with our payment processor and is never stored on Meeriad’s servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Products, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone, and suggest that your change your password frequently.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Products; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
6. CORPORATE AND OTHER UNIVERSE
Meeriad is also offered through partnerships with organizations. Corporations, hospitals, universities and other organizations and groups (“Partner(s)”) wish to make Meeriad available to their members, employees and their customers, residents or others. When an entity provides access to Meeriad to others, we call those “Universes.” If you have registered to use the Products through an invitation code, credential, or other means of registration furnished by a Partner, the Partner may have access to your name, email address, the date you registered to use the Products, and the date on which you last used the Products. The Partner may also have access to your Universe's aggregated and anonymized general usage data.
7. USES MADE OF THE DATA
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with the Products.
- To customize your experience. For example, we may suggest specific sessions and programs according to your historic and your answers to self assessments.
- To answer your questions or requests for information or handle your complaints.
- To ensure that content provided by the Products is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device.
- To provide you with promotional communications, such as email, to the extent that you have provided consent to receive such communications under applicable law.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Products, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about updates or changes to Product features and content.
- To understand your broad, non-specific geographic location to help us identify groups of users by general geographic market (such as zip code, state or country).
- To inform Partners about your registration and use of the Products as described under Corporate and Other Universe in section 6 above.
- To manage your payments and orders.
- If you choose to complete self assessment and moodscore features, you will be able to review your historical responses so to monitor your responses over time in connection with your Product engagement.
- If you have a challenge ongoing and have accepted to share your steps or distance data with Android Health or Apple Health or even Google Fit, to record your activities, contribute to the Universe objective and create a ranking.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or in-Product communication) with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you, except if you opt-out to such communications.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
Meeriad provides options in your profile Settings to access and control your personal information. If you need any further assistance regarding your rights, feel free to contact us either from the applications or through email@example.com.
Notifications and Email Preferences
Access Your Data
If you do not have an account then no personal information will be stored outside the device being used. By logging in to your account, you can access much of your information.
You also have the option to download your personal data we have on you, including your activities and comments on Meeriad, by sending us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editing and Deleting Your data
From Meeriad you can always edit your information such as email address, name etc.
You may delete your account directly from Meeriad. Once deleted, your data, including account, activities and leaderboard placements cannot be reinstated.
9. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA
We may disclose your personal data to third parties as follows:
- In some circumstances, based on your specific requests, we may need to disclose your personal data to a third party so that it can provide a service you have requested from such party, or fulfill a request for data from such party.
- Third Party Business via API : we enable you to share your information and content with third party apps such as Google Fit that integrate with the Services especially to contribute to a challenge.
- In some circumstances, we may disclose the personal data that you have provided to a third party that offers and/or provides goods or services complementary to our own for the purpose of enhancing our users’ experiences by offering you integrated or complementary functionality, complementary services or bundled pricing options.
- If Meeriad’s service providers (like hosting, IT maintenance, market analytics, and payment service providers) require this data to provide services to Meeriad. Meeriad requires each of its service providers to agree to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal data.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Meeriad or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation such as to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, similar legal process, or in order to enforce or apply our agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Meeriad, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging data with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With your Universe, if your subscription is a Universe Subscription, as described under Corporate and Other Universe above.
- With third parties, such as Google, in order to serve Meeriad challenges to the extent that you have consented to share your data from Google Fit.
10. DATA RETENTION
We keep information as long as it is necessary to operate Meeriad. We keep all of your information until you either delete your account or if your account has been inactive for a certain amount of time, whichever happens first. Following the deletion of your account, it may take up to 90 days to fully delete your personal information from our systems.
Information about you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our services may be deidentified and aggregated with other non-personal data to provide insights which are commercially valuable to Meeriad, such as statistics of the use of Meeriad.
11. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
The Products may, from time to time, contain links to and from the Products of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these external websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or their policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these external websites.
12. SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
Our Products include social media features, such as the “Share This” button. Social media features and widgets are hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Products. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
Apple iOS users may opt-in to allow the Products to access data regarding their physical activity especially their steps and their distance to the Apple iOS “Health” application for display. This data will not be shared with third parties or used for marketing purposes.
14. ANDROID MOTION
Android users may opt-in to allow the Products to access data regarding their physical activity especially their steps and their distance directly in the settings of their phone. This data will not be shared with third parties or used for marketing purposes.
If you become aware that a child under the age of 16 has submitted personal data to us, please contact us at email@example.com.
If we learn that we have accessed and stored personal information about a child under the minimum required age, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Any and all material changes shall come into effect between you and Meeriad upon your acceptance of such changes (e.g. by using Meeriad after such notification has been made to you or renewing your subscription).